As the web continues to evolve, Breeze remains committed to providing the world’s easiest web-based church management software for small and mid-sized churches.
As a number of you have already experienced, Breeze has rolled out a new design; available by toggle option from your dashboard. This new design focuses on ease of use by updating the look and feel of the site. With minimal navigational changes (menu options have moved from right to left) the functionality you currently enjoy remains the same.
For your planning, the new design will become default later this quarter with a temporary option to revert to the old design. We're excited about this update and look forward to supporting you and your ministries in the new design.
Volunteer 2.0 is being released from beta and will soon appear as your default Volunteer scheduling tool; you'll see this happen within the few weeks. Volunteers 2.0 beta will now simply appear as Volunteers (new).
Still using the legacy version of Volunteer scheduling, or simply haven’t ventured into Breeze Volunteer scheduling at all? Breeze makes it easy to engage those associated with your church in volunteer opportunities.
Here are just a few things worth cheering about:
- Scheduling of multiple Roles and Teams all within one event.
- Custom volunteer sign-up sheets that can be sent for multiple roles at once.
- Blockout dates allow volunteers to specify dates they are unavailable to serve.
Interested in learning more? Volunteer Scheduling - Getting Started
(Support of Volunteer (legacy) is expected through September 2020 but is subject to change as we monitor usage).
Background Renovations, Update
In July, we informed you of some background renovations happening here at Breeze.
The renovation includes rebuilding portions of Breeze using a brand new API and modern development framework called React.
Why? Longevity. React gives our developers the tools to build new features faster, test those features more thoroughly, and prevent bugs from occurring, all while providing a product that is built to last.
We’re excited at the progress made, and while you may not see big changes on your side, you can experience these exciting changes within Tags, Contributions Overview, Batches, Methods and Envelopes.
Here are a few highlights:
- New visual indicators when you drag and drop tags and folder, making re-organizing your groups easier.
- “Toast” notification, appearing at the bottom of several pages that give confirmation of successful actions as you make them.
- Infinite scrolling to make viewing long lists of contributions easier, eliminating the “show more” buttons.
- Envelopes can no longer be duplicated by mistake, learn more.
We’ve just begun. Expect more of these updates; making your experience using Breeze even more enjoyable.
(These changes can only be found in the new design - if you haven’t yet, switch over today).